Tuesday 12 April 2011

Final Update

Good Morning all

 

Just over a week after the 10th Half Marathon was completed, I thought it appropriate to send an update as since crossing the line in Prague, I have received an overwhelming response with an additional £5000 raised in the last week alone, and several other donations promised. The total has now broke the £20,000 barrier, which is a fantastic figure, and a huge thanks to everyone who has supported me over the last 8 months.

 

To prove that there must be some level insanity in this challenge I decided to do another half marathon again last Saturday, less than a week after the previous one. This would have been fine if I had not chosen a picturesque route around Coniston in the Lake District. Following the floods in 2009 a bridge was damaged, so they decided to increase the distance to just under 17 miles (longer than I have ever ran), it was also very warm and surprisingly for the Lake District a little hilly. I did however get round in a very tiring 3hours 13minutes, and according to the Garmin GPS device I use, I had managed to burn in-excess of 3000 calories on the way. This was followed by a celebration on Saturday night back in a local pub, during which this calorie deficiency was more than replaced.

 

A big thanks to everyone who has supported me and all of your kind words on the way. I won’t email anymore other than to hopefully confirm the final total received.

 

Nigel

 

P.S. Have already entered another 4 half marathons this year….. Could be hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment