Wednesday 8 July 2015

A Couple of Challenging Weekends

Last 2 weekends have seen some extremes of running and sport.


27th and 28th May I took part in the Blackhill Bounders Coast to Consett challenge. 110 miles from Whitehaven to Consett non-stop over night relay. Overall I ran 10 miles, cycled 25 and drove the support van for the rest (a very tiring experience)


Another early start this last weekend, Haven Point Triathlon in South Shields, 5am alarm to get to the start before 6:30 when the roads close. This was my 5th Tri since starting last year and the quickest yet. I finally broke the exclusive 1:30 barrier with a time of 1:23:47. Training now starts for the Coast to Coast bike ride in September and the 2 half marathons I need to complete before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment